Website Initiative Earth
💫 This job may be best for: Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus, Sagittarius, & Leo
This is a long-term role. We will be offering an initial 6-month contract with a 3 month
probation period, with a view to moving to salary 2022.
Initial freelance contract £140 per day, £2,800 per month approx.
Initiative Earth is looking for an Educational Programmes Manager to develop partnerships,
campaigns, and programmes that deepen our impact and expand our reach. Our mission is the
restoration of ecosystems and the revitalization of community wellbeing. We do this by using
technology to create platforms that enable experts to share knowledge and skills, enabling huge
global audiences to play a direct role in environmental restoration, conservation, and
regeneration. We look forward to employing a passionate, proactive, and experienced person to
our growing team, to deepen the educational impact and reach of our programmes.
About Initiative Earth
Initiative Earth is a newly formed Charity using technology, storytelling, and skill-sharing to
enable people to restore ecosystems and revitalize communities around the world.
We are focused on the development of a platform of high-quality online courses in ecosystem
restoration and regenerative agriculture; the expansion of our public-facing EcoResolution
campaign and the development of our global ChangeMaker Network.
Our first campaign, EcoResolution, was set up in 2018 with Cara Delevingne in response to the
powerlessness people feel in the face of ecological breakdown and political inaction. This
social media campaign has now expanded into a global initiative that combines the power of
technology and storytelling, aiming to empower individuals to take decisive action in the face
of environmental and social justice issues.
Based on the experience and insight gathered through EcoResolution and our change-makers
worldwide, we established the charity Initiative Earth in 2020. Our aim is to make accessible
high-quality courses that enable practical and on-the-ground ecosystem restoration, turning
ideas and understanding into action and impact.
Our experience spans the fields of alternative education, technology, systems change, and
environmental regeneration. Our extensive networks and knowledge place us in a unique position
to access diverse groups and communities across the worlds of grassroots movements, farming,
business, culture, entertainment, and more.
Initiative Earth is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to creating teams of individuals
with diverse experiences and knowledge. As an organization we work on trust and purpose-driven basis, committed to a self-management ecologically-minded framework and supportive
working practices. (More information can be provided upon request)
Initiative Earth: Online courses development 2021-22
Curate a portfolio of online courses in ecosystem restoration and regenerative agriculture
with leading figures from around the world, whether grassroots or internationally renowned.
This will include :
- Research and manage contact with organizations, individuals, and initiatives
worldwide to lead courses in ecosystem restoration.
- Liaise with the production house and grassroots teachers and guides to create and
manage the courses, taking them from conception to completion. This may also involve
research into local filmmakers/film crews for international courses, communication and
management of those relationships and the relationships between them and the production
- Take a big-picture approach to the narrative of the platform as a whole, With a clear understanding of the organizational mission and vision, as well as our audience,
potential audience and the need.
- Lead on quality control. This will involve reviewing course scripts, module
breakdowns and footage for clarity and efficiency of communication, impact, tone and
- Manage relationships with any additional external teaching partners, production
houses, freelance contractors, agencies, and individuals involved in course creation,
promotion or planning.
- Support the promotion and marketing of the courses, ensuring the engagement of
diverse global audiences, as well as the potential for impact and fundraising where
- Ensure quality, integrity, and cohesion with Initiative Earth’s mission, vision and
values and at all times.
- Manage the creation of trailers and previews of each course for the site, promotion
and social media channels.
- Explore the creation of additional educational resources, film, and other content to
supplement individual online courses.
- Explore the creation of trailers and short materials to support engagement and promotion
via YouTube and social media platforms.
- Support the fundraiser and core team on monitoring and evaluation and impact measurement of the online course platform
- Campaigns, Partnerships & The ChangeMaker Network
- Maintain a broad overview of the relationship between EcoResolution & Initiative Earth
- Investigate how to deepen the impact and reach of EcoResolution through partnerships,
events, media, and more
- Work with the EcoResolution Campaign Manager on educational campaigns & partnerships
that cross platforms or support both.
- Co-manage the ChangeMaker Network and develop an educational programme for the monthly meetups, e.g. sharing resources, inviting a changemaker to share at each meeting, etc. working with the EcoResolution Campaign Manager to develop learning themes relevant to output.
- Support the fundraiser and core team on monitoring, evaluation, and impact measurement, with a focus on story-telling and learning elements of EcoResolution and the ChangeMaker Network.
Note: This role will involve working remotely, maintaining strong working relationships with
the Directors, Strategy Lead, Campaigns Manager, and Fundraiser. We do not have a physical
office space, so we are looking for someone motivated and self-directed with strong
communication skills who is passionate about the work we do.
- A nuanced understanding of ecological, climate, and social challenges, as well as the
opportunities and solutions.
- The understanding, study, and/or practical experience of ecosystem restoration.
- Understanding of the landscape, people, leaders, and narratives surrounding agroecology,
localization, systems change, and regeneration.
- Good understanding of links between individual action, collective mobilization and systemic
- Understanding of the importance of decolonized education and production.
- Ability to think big picture and take a creative approach to promotion, networking and
- Experience working within an app-based start-up, tech, or online learning platform.
- Understanding of how to ensure the best user experience and how to best utilize the user
interface via online platforms.
- Exceptional storytelling ability and ability to develop narratives, curate and link issues
- Understanding of online courses, online course platforms and MOOCs in terms of both course
production and the wider landscape as a whole.
- Experience in community management and communications.
- Experience in education, outreach, and engagement.
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Exceptional under pressure with an ability to prioritise, use initiative and take lead.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner with a small dynamic team, requires someone
very passionate, adaptable and ready to learn as well as to share their own ideas and
If you are interested in this role with us, please email a CV and covering letter, or a preferred form of telling us about yourself, to email@example.com. Final applications to be reviewed from July 26th, and interviews to be held final week of July / first week of August. We are hoping for someone to start as soon as possible, but can be flexible for the right person.
💫 This job may be best for: Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus, Sagittarius, & Leo
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.